The S&H Agent is responsible for the safety and security of the facility, people and assets on their shift assignment. To monitor for suspicious activity and create an environment of compliance while being customer oriented and friendly. To coordinate, per procedures, all needs in the event of an emergency.
About The Source+
The Source+, a cannabis leader in Nevada, has four dispensary and two cultivation locations throughout the state plus operations in Massachusetts.
The Source+ was named one of “The 10 Best Marijuana Dispensaries in Las Vegas” in 2018 by High Times, “Best Dispensary” in 2018 by Desert Companion’s annual “Best of the City” awards, and was the only dispensary featured in Maxim’s “15 Must-Hit Spots for the Ultimate Guys Weekend in Las Vegas.”
- Monitor the facilities and its surrounding for any suspicious activity. Taking note of descriptions of suspicious persons or vehicles and/or involve law enforcement if necessary.
- Monitor immediate area of the exterior of the facility for loitering and address the activity appropriately.
- Ensure that all persons at the facility have the appropriate and required ID credentials mandated by law and of the policies of the facility.
- Assist any customers with entering or exiting the facility if requested or needed.
- Monitor product and cash deliveries as they occur.
- Partner with other staff team members on their concerns of any suspicious behaviors or other risk concerns.
- Monitor the area you are assigned, for any theft concerns.
- Monitor for and assist with any person who may become agitated with any staff member or other customer. Attempt to verbally calm the situation to the best of your ability. As a last resort contact law enforcement.
- When needed or requested walk staff members or customers to their vehicles for safety concerns.
- Maintain accountability on all access and authorization lists on respective shifts.
- Maintain a professional liaison with all appropriate law enforcement and emergency response agencies when necessary.
- Communicate all concerns and issues to other need to know staff members.
- Accountable for all activities related to providing a safe working environment while on shift.
- Creates an awareness that provides an environment of honesty and accountability for team members.
- Must be able to lift as much as 50 pounds occasionally
- Must be able to carry, bend, stand, file documents, lift, and push/pull as needed
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years as an individual contributor in a retail environment.
- Must be over the age of 21
- Possess (or be able to obtain) and maintain an active agent card
- Ability to complete and maintain ongoing education and professional development as needed
- Commitment to adhere to all State and local medical and recreational cannabis regulations, statutes, laws, and guidance
- Commitment to adhere to the SOP's of the Company
- Ability to handle high stress situations and busy atmosphere
- Superior customer service skills and phone etiquette
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude that promotes team work and problem solving
- Must have training and experience working with electronic monitoring systems.
- Qualified candidates should have a valid driver's license and no criminal record.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, are essential for the position of Lead Security so subordinates know how to do their jobs and what to be on the lookout for.
- Must have a good working knowledge of management practices and principles so he/she can efficiently perform in the role.
- The job requires someone with critical thinking skills who can quickly observe a situation and make the appropriate response.
- Cannabis industry experience (retail preferred)
- Experience as an asset protection, loss prevention, law enforcement, military or security team member
- Knowledge and understanding of asset protection, loss prevention or security standards and principles
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- There is no visa or H1-B sponsorship. Candidates must successfully complete a criminal record screening or FBI Fingerprints requirements.
- Successful completion of a thorough personal reference check and background check from the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health. Note that any applicant with a violent felony or drug-related offense (Conclusion of sentence, probation, and/or incarceration within the past 10 years) is not eligible to become a dispensary agent.
The Source+ is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.