The Packager is responsible for packaging cannabis product in a timely, efficient and precise manner under the supervision of the Packaging Lead. This includes (but is not limited to) weighing and packaging product into grams and eighths, proper labeling and stickering and assisting with joint production. Attention to detail is extremely important. The ideal candidate will excel as a team member within a tightly controlled, state regulated system and timelines.
- Weighing and packaging flower.
- Joint rolling / packing.
- General duties around the indoor growing facility as they relate to the upkeep of it.
- Quality control of the product that gets packaged.
- Labeling and stickering.
- Follow GMP protocols and follow Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs)
- Manage marijuana plants, giving each individual plant the attention it needs.
- Maintain a clean, sterile and organized work environment.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee will be expected to work inside in a controlled warehouse/greenhouse and growing atmosphere and must have suitable clothing.
- Working outside will be required for disposal of green waste, trash and other miscellaneous tasks.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee must be ability to lift up to 50 pounds. The employee must also be able to repeatedly carry 15-20 pounds the length of warehouse/greenhouse.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position. The employee will be schedule five days per week, which may include weekends. Typical hours are 7:00 a.m through 3:30 p.m. (hours are subject to change). Holidays may be required.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 - 2 years experience as an individual contributor.
- Basic math skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Time Management.
- Self-directed, organized, and detail-oriented with strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Able to work efficiently and accurately.
- Flexible, collaborative, team-oriented person with good communication skills.
- Must be a dexterous, adaptable individual.
- Must possess the ability to execute techniques consistently
- Must possess the ability to work effectively and in a cohesive team atmosphere with all areas.
- Must be able to work in a safety aware environment.
- Prior packaging and/or manufacturing experience.
- Experience in medical cannabis industry or other alternative healthcare organizations is highly desirable.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- There is no visa or H1-B sponsorship. Candidates must successfully complete a criminal record screening or FBI Fingerprints requirements.
- Successful completion of a thorough personal reference check and background check from the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health. Note that any applicant with a violent felony or drug-related offense (Conclusion of sentence, probation, and/or incarceration within the past 10 years) is not eligible to become a dispensary agent.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Nevada Organic Remedies is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.